General Information on Weddings and
Private Events at the Ginny Lee
Thank you for your interest in The Ginny Lee Café at Wagner Vineyards as a venue for your special occasion.
Wagner Vineyards is a family owned and operated business, originally founded by the late Stanley “Bill” Wagner. His philosophy had always been that wine and food are a natural and enjoyable combination. One of his original concepts for the winery was the addition of a restaurant where people could be introduced to the affinity of wines and food.
A natural step in the evolution of the winery was the opening of The Ginny Lee Cafe in 1983 which is named for his granddaughter, Ginny. Designed with the vista overlooking our vineyards and Seneca Lake, The Ginny Lee is the perfect setting for your special occasion.
The contemporary design of the large dining area with its rustic cathedral ceiling and vast expanse of windows provides a warm and inviting atmosphere at any time of the year. The dining area can seat 200 people comfortably. During the warm spring, summer and fall months your guests will have full use of our large outside deck area.
We can also offer assistance with other services for your event including florists, photographers, music, lodging for out of town guests and other details that will make this occasion memorable for you.
Thank you for your interest in the Ginny Lee. We look forward to the opportunity to meet with you personally and make your special occasion one that you will enjoy and long remember.
Wedding receptions and private events are held from 5:30PM to 11PM.
- We are open to the public for lunch May through October from 11AM to 4PM daily.
- We are open to the public for lunch seasonally March through April, and November through December.
Minimum Guest Counts
- Friday: Minimum of 75 guests
- Saturday: Minimum of 125 guests
- Sunday: Minimum of 100 guests
- Maximum capacity is 200 guests
The non-refundable facility fee is: $1,500 for Saturdays, $1,000 for Fridays and Sundays.
- This is an upfront fee and does not apply to your final bill.
- This fee guarantees the use of our building and grounds from 5:30PM to 11PM for your secured date.
- Includes the following items:
- Use of our interior tables and chairs as well as our dance floor, china and glassware.
- Use of our exterior deck (tables and chairs included).
- Dining room and deck set-up, arrangement of place cards, favors, decorations.
- Linens in your choice of colors.
- End of event clean-up.
The prices listed in our wedding package are for the current calendar year.
- All prices are subject to the New York State sales tax of 8% and a 20% service fee.
- Cake cutting and service.
- Coffee and Tea Station.
You are welcome to have your wedding ceremony on the grounds at Wagner Vineyards. We will provide high quality cushioned chairs for your guests and the staff at The Ginny Lee Café will take care of all your setup and takedown needs: $3.00 per person.
The Ginny Lee offers a delightful selection of foods and utilizes only the freshest fruits and vegetables in their preparation. Our menus have been designed to complement and enhance the medal-winning estate wines of Wagner Vineyards and the craft-brewed beers of Wagner Brewing Company. Our catering staff strives to make each meal as complete as possible. Should you desire to express your individual tastes, we can offer suggestions and work with you in creating a more personalized menu.
All of our menus for appetizers, buffets, and served dinners can be found under Special Events Menus.
We offer serveral bar packages that can be customized with our event planner.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and pricing.
- Package 1-Consumption: Based on guests consumption of our Wagner wines and craft–brewed beers.
- Package 2-Standard: A per hour charge per person offering wine, craft-brewed beer, and House Liquors.
- Package 3-Premium: A per hour charge per person offering wine, craft-brewed beer, and Top Shelf Liquors.
- All alcoholic beverages consumed on Wagner Vineyards’ property must be supplied and billed by The Ginny Lee at Wagner Vineyards.
- No other alcoholic beverages may be brought on the Wagner Vineyards property.
- All laws in accordance with the New York State Liquor Authority will be strictly adhered to; including our right to proof any and all guests and to refuse service to those guests deemed intoxicated.
- All packages are subject to change depending on your specific needs and requests.
We provide a listing of suggested vendors for wedding cakes, DJs, photographers, transportation services, florists, lodging and tent/chair rentals under Area Services on our website.
- Any food products brought into The Ginny Lee at Wagner Vineyards (EX: Wedding cake or cupcakes) must come from a business with a valid New York State Health Department permit.
We have been orchestrating weddings for over 30 years and have lots of valued experience to offer as you plan this important day! Thank you again for your interest in The Ginny Lee at Wagner Vineyards and please feel free to contact us with any further questions.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Virginia (Ginny) Lee